Transportation of the Remains of a Deceased Kenyan to Kenya
1. Requirements for transportation of a body to Kenya
- Copy of Death Certificate.
- Copy of Burial Transit Permit.
- Copy of embalmment Certificate.
- A letter from the Health Department confirming that there was no contagious disease at the time of death.
- Copy of Passport/Birth Certificate or any acceptable form of identification of the deceased
- Contact information of Next of Kin or friends in Rwanda and Kenya.
2. Requirement for taking ashes to Kenya
- Copy of death certificate
- Certificate from the crematorium
- Certificate issued by the funeral director confirming that the contents are nothing but the remains and is not mixed with anything else.
- Copy of Kenyan passport/ birth certificate or any acceptable form of identification of the deceased.
On receipt of the above documents, the High Commission will issue a letter of no objection for the remains to be transported to Kenya. (No fee is charged for the service)